The challenge of producing a Sauvignon at our latitudes.
The life in calibrating the load of grapes in the plant, the surgical precision in determining the day of collection . Working this vineyard is always difficult, but when it succeeds….
- Production area Vigna del Lago Imola
- Appellation Rubicone IGP Bianco da uve sauvignon
- Grape variety 100% Sauvignon
- Altitude 150 m. a.s.l.
- Soil profile silty
- Cultivation system Guyot
- Vineyard density 5000 plants / ha
- Year of the vineyard 2001
- Yield per vine 1,7 kg with thinning
- Harvest period August 25th, by hand
- Vinification Soft pressing
- Fermentation steel and vitrified concrete tanks
- Malolactic fermentation Yes
- Average annual production 6.000 bottles
- Color Straw yellow with greenish reflections
- Fragrance Tomato leaf, white flowers
- Flavor Balanced, unmistakable, elegant
- Food pairings Fresh cheeses, octopus or tuna dishes