Being one of the pioneers of Georgian (Kvevri) winemaking amphorae in Romagna has been a truly inspiring privilege for us.
Amphorae are a wonderful tool: they have proved to be an incredible accelerator and concentrator of the aging of Alban wine, without, however, losing even a pinch of its varietal profile !
And then in 2013, Vitalba was born: a well-succeeded gamble, now white “flag” of our company.
- Production area: Vigna Bacchilega, Imola
- Appellation: Romagna DOCG Albana secco
- Grape variety: 100% Albana
- Altitude: 100 m. a.s.l
- Soil profile:Silt – clay
- Training system: Capovolto
- Vineyard density: 4500 plants/ha
- Vineyard year: 1983
- Yeld per plant:2 kg
- Harvest: first week of september
- Vinification In Georgian amphora (kvevri) of 470 liters without addition of selected yeasts and without temperature control. Maceration: from 70 to 120 days (depending on the year)
- Maceration: from 70 to 120 days (depends on the vintage)
- Vinification: In anfora
- Avereage annual production: 2500 bottles
- Color: Intense straw yellow
- Bouquet: Exotic fruit, dry yellow fruit and aromatic herbs
- Taste: Adequate freshness and good flavor
- Food suggestions: Fish dishes, white meats or medium-aged cheeses
Out of stock